Frozen in time like fossils, the flowers captured in Perma reveal an intricate complexity of their anatomy. The cross-sections of blooms, the curves of petals, and the structures of leaves create abstract patterns that invite multisensory exploration.
Composition of Flowers:
The sculptural nature of Perma comes from cutting the material as if it was natural stone. Here, the decoration is not interpreted but comes from nature itself. Contrasted with resin, the flowers, “frozen in time” and machined to reveal the complexity found in the cross-section of the flowers, the curve of petals, and the structure of leaves, appear as veins or fossils creating an almost stone-like quality.
We offer custom samples for you to present to your clients or to keep in your material library. It usually takes us up to 6-8 weeks to produce and ship a new resin sample. We kindly request our clients to return the samples to our studio after 4-6 weeks, unless otherwise agreed.
• The Perma panels can be customised to meet individual requirements. Each demand is carefully examined, and the feasibility of every customisation is confirmed on a case-by-case basis. The Perma resin panels can be curved according to the specifications given. They can also be CNC’ed into a desired, free-form shape. The material can be supported with a honeycomb / aluminium sheet for additional strength and functional features. All joints and wallhanging systems can be seamlessly integrated in the design to create an elegant, coherent whole.
• Minimum thickness: The minimum thickness of the Perma material is 2 cm.
• Maximum dimensions: The maximum dimensions of a Perma panel are 400 x 140 cm. The panels can be assembled to create a monolithic surface.
• Yachts and water-resistance: You can use the Perma material on a yacht. However, it is important to note that the material has its limitations – it is intended for indoor use only, as humidity, saltiness and UV light may affect its appearance and condition. The resins used in the Perma material are never 100% UV-stable and may fade over time when exposed to direct sunlight (this process is prolonged and may take up several years, but please be aware of that). The cavities and recesses that constitute an inherent feature of Perma can be sealed for additional protection. However, we do not recommend the Perma material for bathrooms or kitchens. It is not recommended for the resin to have immediate contact with water. Humidity is not an issue.
• Flammability: Cured resin is fire-resistant and non-flammable. On a special request, we can order a special report from LS TUM.
Lead times vary depending on the type of order and our current schedule but generally range between 10-14 weeks for smaller pieces (e.g. Flora Lamp I light sculpture), and 22–28 weeks for larger ones. Lead time begins with the receipt of payments.
The Perma material can be fully sealed and covered with an anti-scratch protective layer for extra safety. To properly take care of your Perma piece, please use a duster or a slightly moist, ultra-soft microfibre cloth. Please do not clean the surface with alcohol or any chemical-based cleaning solvents.